Comment on page
This page describes the Roam authentication model, API endpoints, and error handling while using Roam APIs.
All URLs referenced in the API documentation will have the following base:
REST APIs are served over HTTPS. To ensure data privacy, Roam discourages using unencrypted HTTP requests.
Here are some popular use cases with Roam APIs:
- Can be used to view and do much more with your user data.
- Enables you to view user count per project.
- Enables you to determine the device (iOS/Android) and application from which the hits are coming.
- Can create, update, and delete Geofences, and trigger events on the fly
- Use geofences to create virtual fences for your structural properties on maps.
- Track your users as they enter and exit geofences.
- Understand user behavior and usage, as well as visit patterns.
- Provides Location APIs to track your users' movement and activities.
- Know the users' location in real-time by just calling Roam APIs.
- Trips APIs can be used to view your user trips and routes
- Track the trip of the user.
- Fetch path of the trips along with the routes, mode of transportation, stop points, and offline status.
Roam uses an API Key based authentication passed using a custom header
Api-Keyfor the APIs taking into consideration the safety of your API secret keys. We provide APIs on a per-project basis so that the projects are independent of each other's APIs.
Once your application is integrated with the Roam SDK, an account for each user will be created using your app. Information about these users can be tracked through Roam APIs.
Here are the API endpoints available to interact with the user profile data: